Rail Victoria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for railways based in the state of Victoria, Australia.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pensioners free travel vouchers on Preservation group trains

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TRANZIT JIM
Station Master
Station Master

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-05-28

Pensioners free travel vouchers on Preservation group trains Empty
PostSubject: Pensioners free travel vouchers on Preservation group trains   Pensioners free travel vouchers on Preservation group trains EmptyFri Jun 01, 2007 3:07 pm

This thread is on the topic of, should it be possible for pensioners to use their 'free travel vouchers' on special services like those operated by Steamrail, SRHC, 707 ops, and etc.

This is the voucher that, pensioners get each year with their pensions, of which gives the pensioner, one free return trip on V/line services that year.

It would be great for the groups to get some form of amount from the providers of these vouchers (such as Centerlink) up to say what they may give to V/Line for the same journey.

Such as, on a special that runs between Melbourne and Geelong, that would be $8.10 on V/line, should a group like SRHC or Steamrail, run a trip between Southern Cross and Geelong, then they should be able to offer a discount of at least $8.10 to those of whom wish to use thier pensioner voucher on that line.

We hear so much about overcrouding on V/line trains, and so much of that would be from 'free travelers' making use of 'free travel vouchers', so one way to reduce this overcrouding, would be to offer 'free travel' on trains operated by these groups.

Another way of looking at it is, when a person uses their 'free voucher' one can travel 'free of charge' all over Victoria, so people are more likely to take a longer trip to say Bairnsdale which has a Concession fare of $34.00 Would it be worth it for someone to offer a flat $34 discount on 'preservation group train tickets'?

What does everyone here think?
Back to top Go down
R700

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Pensioners free travel vouchers on Preservation group trains   Pensioners free travel vouchers on Preservation group trains EmptySun Jun 03, 2007 8:28 am

Jimmy, this is the second forum you've asked the exact same question in
Back to top Go down
http://hansonator.fotopic.net
Yellow 13
Administrator
Administrator
Yellow 13

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Pensioners free travel vouchers on Preservation group trains   Pensioners free travel vouchers on Preservation group trains EmptySun Jun 03, 2007 10:02 am

R700 wrote:
So?
Half the moderation team here cannot access failpage. The other half doesn't access it at all.
Back to top Go down
https://railvictoria.forumotion.com
Metro Transit

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Pensioners free travel vouchers on Preservation group trains   Pensioners free travel vouchers on Preservation group trains EmptySun Jun 03, 2007 3:38 pm

I think he would like to get a better opinion, or see what others think.

Lots of stuff gets posted in other forums that are usually the same stuff.

happens all the time.

Metro.
Back to top Go down
TRANZIT JIM
Station Master
Station Master

PostSubject: Re: Pensioners free travel vouchers on Preservation group trains   Pensioners free travel vouchers on Preservation group trains EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 6:07 am

R700 wrote:
I can think of more than one forum website.

I am in with around 8 that I can think of, and I am sure I would post it in around 3 or 4 of them.
Back to top Go down
TRANZIT JIM
Station Master
Station Master

PostSubject: Re: Pensioners free travel vouchers on Preservation group trains   Pensioners free travel vouchers on Preservation group trains EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 6:09 am

Yellow 13 wrote:
R700 wrote:
So?
Half the moderation team here cannot access failpage. The other half doesn't access it at all.

Acturally, no one can access failpage right now, not even me, as the website has not been operating yet. I have not had the chance to open this topic as a thread in there just yet.

However, you have made a good point, as to why I should post everything I do in both websites.
Back to top Go down
TRANZIT JIM
Station Master
Station Master

PostSubject: Re: Pensioners free travel vouchers on Preservation group trains   Pensioners free travel vouchers on Preservation group trains EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 6:11 am

Metro Transit wrote:
I think he would like to get a better opinion, or see what others think.

Lots of stuff gets posted in other forums that are usually the same stuff.

happens all the time.

Metro.

Yes, bounce bounce cheers cheers

That is the exact reason why. Many people are loyal to just one or two websites, many people do not have the time to visit as many of them as I do, so yes, for me to ensure that I catch what I can from all that I can, I post it everywhere that I can.
Back to top Go down
Yellow 13
Administrator
Administrator
Yellow 13

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Pensioners free travel vouchers on Preservation group trains   Pensioners free travel vouchers on Preservation group trains EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 8:09 am

TRANZIT JIM wrote:
Yellow 13 wrote:
R700 wrote:
So?

Acturally, no one can access failpage right now, not even me, as the website has not been operating yet. I have not had the chance to open this topic as a thread in there just yet.

However, you have made a good point, as to why I should post everything I do in both websites.
I have been blanket banned from Railpage, Vicsig, Railmedia, and RailSA. (Just because Nexas from RP/Vicsig, said I was the same guy as silvercomengwhatshisface). Hence why we have here. Tranzit Jim, post anything you post on any other forum here thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://railvictoria.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pensioners free travel vouchers on Preservation group trains   Pensioners free travel vouchers on Preservation group trains Empty

Back to top Go down

Pensioners free travel vouchers on Preservation group trains
Page 1 of 1